Dhaka Garments & Washing Ltd. is the countrys’ one particular of the major denim production and processing crops. Dhaka Clothes & Washing Ltd. strives for sustainable and accountable business enterprise techniques in Bangladesh.
Akib Rahman, Director, HAMS Group of Industries gave an interview with Denim Concentrate (a greatly circulated textile magazine). The report centered on the techniques and practices at the rear of performing ground breaking goods and sustainable procedures in Dhaka Garments and Washing Ltd.
In 1998 HAMS Washing & Dyeing Ltd. was released. Now it is assigned a new name: Dhaka Clothes & Washing Ltd. DGWL is a 64 line state of the artwork denim eco-friendly challenge, which started out its journey in 2019 underneath the leadership of Engr. Md. Shafiqur Rahman, Controlling Director, HAMS Group of Industries and President, The Institution of Textile Engineers & Systems (ITET), Bangladesh.
The sewing line is centered on the lean thought which increases productiveness & minimizes wastage. They have fully automatic substantial-tech machinery in their facility. HAMS now is made up of 4 significant fears i.e. HAMS Clothes, Dhaka Garments & Washing, HAMS Fashion and Victoria intimate.
DGWL has its individual focused in-home R&D crew. Exploration and growth group often keeps an eye on the present-day market place trend and try to forecast the future current market needs.
Sustainability is the potential to exist and acquire with out depleting organic sources for the potential.
- Environmental Sustainability: They are maintaining small liquor ratio in their computerized automatic front loading machineries. For preserving sustainability they are employing meta-flow, ozone & laser machines. Also they are working with Environmental Impact Measuring (EIM) software program by which they are conserving large amounts of drinking water, chemical substances & strength usage as properly as minimizing affect on worker wellness.
- Corporate Social Duty: DGWL is also involved in lots of CSR things to do these kinds of as making mosque in area local community, donating to orphan learners, supplying medications to injured workers free of price tag, supplying food stuff & garments to the lousy, totally free procedure to distressed worker and many others.
DGWL has set up an successful organic ETP plant taking into consideration the sustainability aspects. DGWL is doing work on a strategy so that they can reuse wastewater.
In comparison to other treatment method procedures the ETP has particular strengths:
- It has enhanced effectiveness in phrases of natural articles removal.
- Cost–effective due to pretty low chemical use, very low labor price, a lot less sludge treatment & disposal price.
- Setting pleasant & safe and sound.
- Sludge can be used as composed fertilizer.